Friday, September 24, 2010

end of term reflection (WHICH MEANS THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING!!!!!)

Choosing my own topic for the Inquiry Investigation was cool because it meant I could choose something that interested me and not just something random that I had no connection or interest in. So that was cool.
The presentation tool that I used for that unit was Glogster, a web 2.0 tool. I didn't have enough time to try out any other tools because they took too long to load, but I would have liked to look at some others. I chose Glogster because it's quite easy to add sound and pictures onto the screen and you can rearrange things to where you put them by clicking and dragging.
Seeing other people's work has brought me to understand how different everybody sees the same thing and what they make it into was really interesting.
Doing my reasearch was fun and I learned a lot about my topic. Unfortunately I couldn't use Google Wonderwheel as we didn't have it installed on our computer and dad wasn't sure about downloading it :(.

Creativity has been wonderful!! I love art and things like that and so this unit is really cool!! The montages that everyone has been doing have been amazing and it was really fun to make it :). I've enjoyed the different pictures and images that people have put in their montages and how they interpretate creativity. Nothing has been too difficult so far :)

Haha I'm not new!! :P What new learning environment? First I've heard of it.

I read feedback almost immediately, although replying it sometimes takes a little while... I do read other's work and learn from them - like how long to make the report sometimes!!!


Ok wow that was long!! :P

Holidays here I come!! :)
Rem :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rem, nice reflection. Yes it was quite long, but no longer than mine!

    The Google Wonderwheel isn't a program you need to download and install, it's just a different way of searching using Google Search. You might have gotten it mixed up with Google Gears. To use the Wonderwheel, search something in Google. Then, down the left hand side there are all these options, and you'll see the words "Standard view" in bold somewhere. Under there is an option called "Wonder wheel" (you may have to click "More search tools" to see it). Click on that, wait a bit and the Wonderwheel will load. Hope that helps your problem.

    Sami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sami!!!!
    That helped alot!!! :)

    haha yea your one is pretty long lol!
    Rem :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Summer

    This was a really thoughtful reflection from you. You have thought quite deeply about what you have done and what suits you and why. I am glad that you are able to make good use of the feedback that you are given and also that you make use of what other students are doing. This is great!

    Sami has helped you understand that you can easily use the wonder wheel with Google. It is a great help at times so make sure that you practise it!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete